6.16.2011

Thursday = Breakfast for Dinner Day.

It has been a very busy few weeks for me. Between Papa's birthday, a Palm Springs get away, playing mama to our new kitten and a new position at work.. I haven't made much time for blogging.. or any down time really.

This is short and sweet because honestly, I am exhausted and it's very possible I may be in bed before 9 pm this evening.

Photobucket

Nick has been bugging me to make pancakes the past few weekends. I've managed to cram way too much into my weekends to want to wake up and make pancakes before starting the day.

This afternoon I realized pancakes are about as simple as it comes and I was not in the mood to plan anything elaborate for dinner, so Pancakes for dinner it was......Chocolate-Chip pancakes, turkey bacon, apple-chicken sausage, a scramble and hash browns. Seems like a feast and maybe it was, but once I got started I remembered how fun and delicious breakfast is.

Breakfast has always been my favorite meal to eat out. I figure that's probably because I never make time for a tasty breakfast. My breakfasts usually consist of a yogurt and some fruit or a microwavable oatmeal shortly after I get into the office... God knows, I am not going to be the person to have a bowl of cereal, let along an egg at home before leaving the house at 7:30 a.m.

So, after Nick and I enjoyed our breakfast for dinner tonight.. I am officially going to do Breakfast for Dinner each Thursday night (if life permits) so I can try some of the delicious breakfast recipes I have been saving over the past year!  I am reallllly looking forward to it... stay tuned!~
I suggest you try Breakfast for Dinner next time you're stumped on what to prepare for your hungry household.

No comments:

Post a Comment