4.21.2011

Home Is Where The Heart Is.

Papa and I have already been in our place for over a month...I am kicking myself for not taking pictures when the place was bare and looked about as big as a sardine can. (not exaggerating) We have to space out our spending, so its a work in progress, but I really feel like everything is coming along.

*disclaimer-I have absolutely NO photography skills. 

-Welcome to our Home-


Photobucket

This is essentially the entire little nest... but it's pretty cute. Nick managed to find this coffee table off Craigslist for $45 bucks. (So thankful for him.. I never realized coffee tables could cost $300)
What I did realize is that I can spend wayyy too much money in Pier One Imports....but I managed to find the blue pillows and adorable throw on a pretty decent sale.


Photobucket

I had to take a picture of our bookshelf. I love that we ended up have the perfect space for one. All of my books happened to be boxed up and put in the garage...but we are hoping to fill this with records, cookbooks and a few of my favorite series.. "cough cough"...Harry Potter & Twilight.


Photobucket

Our kitchen! It's my favorite room!  I realize I may sound really weird getting this excited about having my own kitchen... but it IS exciting to have your own dishes, pots and pans!!
We found the perfect kitchen cart to give us some extra counter space. Seems to be a trend.. trying to make the most of what little space we have. I guess that's what you get trying to afford to live a block from the beach! And no, I am NOT complaining ;)

One of the little things I love about  Oceanside is the Thursday night sunset market which is held by the pier every week. Last Thursday was our first trip this year, I saw the sign below at one of the stands and couldn't resist!
-"Oh, I'm sorry. You must be confusing me with the maid we don't have."


Photobucket



Photobucket

Our room is cozy and that bed may not look like heaven, but it is! We've invested in a 3 inch memory foam mattress topper...and have a REALLY hard time getting out of bed on the weekends! Papa obviously let me pick out the bedding. I am mildly obsessed with the color orange right now.. I know this may be just a little too much for some people to handle, but I fell in love with it. 


Photobucket

This is the corner of the house I think needs the most work. My parents were kind enough to pick up this giant 9 drawer dresser at an Estate Sale, we had our clothes on the floor for 2 weeks.. great size and great condition.
We love Banksy... but aren't sure about the picture. To be honest, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with this area. I do love my flowers though. Papa, somehow got the "girls love flowers" memo. I lucked out!

Photobucket

Couldn't leave Papa's office our bathroom out of the tour. It's small but practical and dressed in white and and my favorite shade of green.

Thanks for stopping by!

I love our little home. I am dying to have summer beach BBQ's with our friends and family!

.

4 comments:

  1. Kirsten, I love everything you have done with your little home. When I actually get a place that's "mine" Im definitely gonna ask for your help decorating. Oh, and also, I am IN LOVE with your bedding! Great job picking it out lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest little love nest! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooooo cute and soooooooo you i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yoru house looks soo dang cute!! i should come over again :)hahahaha

    ReplyDelete