1.25.2011

Update from the Slacker...

Why is it so much easier to forget about this thing.. well not really forget but not have something come to mind for an entire week to blog about? I guess I am just new at this and truly don't know if anything that exciting is going on in my life that would warrant someone else actually wanting to read about it.
My day to day routine is typically the same... I wake up at 6:45 (there is nothing good about a morning that starts before nine), then I work till 5 pm, spend my evenings with Papa or make some sort of plans with a girlfriend, go to bed and repeat. I am constantly counting down my work weeks for the weekend. It seems like a waste to wish away 5 days of every week... but those two days off truly save my sanity. I suppose I can't beat myself up too badly over a slow start to this blog. At least I am spending my free time doing the things I love... so that is something to blog about in itself.
I had a wonderful weekend. Papa and I went house hunting on Saturday which was probably not the best idea because we still have another month until we are ready to move. I have my heart set on about 3 places that will be long gone by the time we are ready to sign a contract and move in. But!... it was nice to get a feel of what we can expect in our budget. We are hoping for something quaint and quirky where we can add our own touch and hopefully walking distance to the beach in Carlsbad or Oceanside.
I CAN NOT WAIT to decorate!!
We spent Sunday in Palm Springs at my brother's place. (Side Note: I am slowly but surely falling in love with La Quinta, Ca) It was Leuc's 2nd birthday party and my Steelers Division Championship game. The party was great! Tania (my sis in law) did a wonderful job with the food and football cupcakes. Everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves until the tantrums started. I feel like once one child cries, the rest will surely follow in his footsteps and throw a fit of their own. I couldn't believe how many babies were there! Let's just say.. Papa and I are getting a pup as soon as we move into our place. Something..anything..needs to help curb this baby fever I've got going on. My goodness!
Sunday afternoon I experienced my first family football day. I grew up in a home who never turned on the television on Sundays, we usually spent the majority of the day at church. But this past Sunday, everyone was sporting their Steeler's gear. There was a great energy with THAT many Steeler's fans in one room and I had a good time waving my Terrible Towel. The second half of the game definitely had me on my toes, but my Steelers pulled through! We are heading to Super Bowl 2011!  For those of you who don't care about football enough to know what it feels like when your team, which is one out of 32 in the league, makes it to the final game...It's a little bit like Christmas in February. I came across this photo and couldn't help but laugh.

Photobucket

School started yesterday..I attempted to get an English class I need in order to transfer from my JC, but every one of the 6 online courses had a wait list of at least 10-20. Apparently my college broke a record this year with the number of students enrolled, which only means next semester it will be equally as hard to get the classes I want and need.  This semester I will be focusing on "Music of the World"  I suppose it seems interesting.. not something I would take if I didn't need to fill my arts credits but I'm determined to pass all of my courses with A's, so I will embrace it!

I know the whole point of this blog is to post recipes and fun DIY crafts but I am having a hard time with this. I am planning a Bridal Shower and Valentines Day is coming up shortly after that. I've been working on some things but don't want to post until after the events! Papa is probably my only follower and it would surely spoil the surprise(s) for him. And..I will be very honest, I have not been in the kitchen to make anything from scratch in a few weeks! Things will definitely turn around when I have my own kitchen and free time!

For the time being... Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment