1.12.2011

Kitchen Freedom

Turns out, I actually have a big interest in bettering my skills in the kitchen. One of the things I am most excited about when it comes to moving in with Nick, is making a weekly menu and stocking my own fridge. Right now it is hard because I don't exactly have my own kitchen space...

If I actually go through the process of grocery shopping and meal planning.. I will come home with  my perfect meal in mind, only to find out my parents cooked my chicken and cous-cous for the dogs and my dad used the last bit of my fresh spinach and onion for F'toya. I suppose when he uses my things for something as amazing as F'toya (a Lebanese spinach calzone) I can't complain. But you get the point. I have something in mind and find it missing when I go to use it. That definitely puts a damper on planning out home cooked meals.

So, needless to say.. maybe I am more excited for kitchen freedom than cooking but I am making it a goal to cook at home at least 5 nights a week. Not only will it be easier on the pocketbook, it will definitely be a healthier alternative to anything we can find at our favorite dining spots.
I am hoping to try out a few new recipes this weekend. Steelers will be playing the Raven's for the AFC North Divisional Championship. I am nervous and EXCITED for the game and will be making some sort of football goodies..and posting up the recipe(s) on here.

Let's Go STEELERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment