1.08.2012

Playoffs Weekend complete with a light version of Franks Buffalo Chicken dip

Welp, it's half time of the AFC Wild Card Playoff game between my Steelers and the Denver Broncos. I am experiencing a small fit of anxiety as the Broncos are up 20-6. I am pretty passionate about Steeler's football and I am not conditioned to seeing a score like this, ESPECIALLY against the Denver Broncos... I could rant for about a day. But we will just have to wait and see what the second half has in store for us.

On a better note - It's been an absolutely perfect weekend! Nick and I are taking advantage of the Playoffs and this amazing January weather (70s & Sunny) by spending our afternoons outside BBQing. I feel spoiled -- yesterday we made cheese filled hamburgers (completely worth cheating and having one) and today some amazing chicken legs. I am continually impressed with Nick's novice but delicious grilling skills. <3 I love my man!

In the spirit of football and barbeques, I made a light and scrumptious version of Franks Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip.



Light Version of Franks Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip (by: Kirsten)

8 oz package of neufchatel cheese, softened
1/2 cup Ranch Dip (1 McCormick seasoning packet made w/ 16 oz non fat greek yogurt)
1/2 cup Franks Redhot Original Pepper Sauce
1/3 cup low-far mozzarella cheese
2 chicken breasts, shredded
Cracked Black Pepper, to taste


Directions:

Place neufchatel cheese in baking dish (I use a 1 1/4 quart round ) and stir until smooth
Mix in ranch dip, Franks Redhot & mozz cheese to creamed cheese 
Stir in shredded chicken until will mixed
Top with Cracked Pepper to your desire & add some extra mozz if needed (Nick insisted on it for us)

Bake at 350 or until bubbly and heated through.

Serve with an array of fresh Veggies (celery and orange & yellow peppers are my fav) & Baked Chips for those who want a little something different.

This dip is addictive! Enjoy~



Our Set-Up:  Can't forget the Terrible Towel for some MUCH NEEDED luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment