5.05.2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Photobucket

Until I moved to San Diego.. I am not sure that I heard much about Mexico's celebration of their heritage and Freedom. A VERY quick history lesson...on May 5,1862, Mexico defeated the French at the Battle of Puebla... hence, the celebration on the 5th of May!

Being so close to the border, San Diego celebrates big when May 5th rolls around. Papa and I won't be going out to join the party tonight.. the semester is coming to a close and we both have a fair amount of homework to focus on. So NOT fun!!
At the very least, I do plan on making a delicious Mexican feast! I think you all should do the same. My sweet friend The Pioneer Woman posted a drool worthy blog this morning. Thought I would share. I promise you, every recipe of hers or one that she has suggested has been absolutely amazing! Take a shot at one tonight!

Check it out here

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment